Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Should the swaybar be this close to the spring?

Old 02-17-2014, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should the swaybar be this close to the spring?

Reconnecting my front swaybar now that my longer links are here and noticed that it's in very close proximity to the spring. I didn't pay attention before I took it off so I'm not sure if that's normal. The springs are from the AEV kit and yes, they're indexed properly.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 02-17-2014, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just checked mine. They are the same way.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:32 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The swaybar end and link will travel the arc resulting from where the swaybar attaches to the frame.

If that swaybar is level, the end will travel away from the spring on either spring compression or extension.

So, that clearance is just fine.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone
Old 04-19-2014, 07:12 PM
CBM
JK Newbie

Default Question

Originally Posted by Mangrove Mafia
Reconnecting my front swaybar now that my longer links are here and noticed that it's in very close proximity to the spring. I didn't pay attention before I took it off so I'm not sure if that's normal. The springs are from the AEV kit and yes, they're indexed properly.

Sent from my iPhone
Hello, I know this is an older thread, however I am curious to know what the other side looks like. That is..... Is it the same as in the pic. or is it further away from coil? I ask because I have a similar situation. My Drivers side looks like your pic BUT my passenger side has more gap or clearance.

Quick Reply: Should the swaybar be this close to the spring?