Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Should this look like this?

Old 01-26-2009, 04:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I'm just glad you are getting it fixed.... it's worth a little ribbing...
Old 01-26-2009, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Ribbing

Worth the ribbing for sure...which I am going to set myself up for more of with this question.

When I hit the electronic sway bar disconnect button, what if anything can I see happen with the sway bar...I mean at what point on the sway bar does it disconnect from...well...whatever?

I had someone hit the button while I crawled under neath and I couldn't tell the difference between when it was connected or disconnected.

What should I be seeing...rib away!
Old 01-26-2009, 04:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepyJeep
Worth the ribbing for sure...which I am going to set myself up for more of with this question.

When I hit the electronic sway bar disconnect button, what if anything can I see happen with the sway bar...I mean at what point on the sway bar does it disconnect from...well...whatever?

I had someone hit the button while I crawled under neath and I couldn't tell the difference between when it was connected or disconnected.

What should I be seeing...rib away!
As far as I'm aware it actually unlocks the bar itself inside that big 'ole motor thingy you have mounted on it, so I don't believe you'll actually see much of anything, drive around on the road on some corners and you'll know if it's working
But....seriously....you had a shop install that like that ?? I'd be looking for a refund or something...and I'd be checking every other bloody part they touched
Old 01-26-2009, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Sounds right

Whew! I was hoping you would say that the disconnecting takes place there...if not, I would of had more problems.

Ya, I guess I should be pis#$d at the shop, but other than that mistake, bad as it was, I have not had any other issues...yet.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:19 PM
JK Super Freak

It should take no longer than a few minutes to take it off and switch yourself. You should be able to do this especially if you plan to actually wheel it and go out on a trail.... just saying.

I beleive it's a 19 or 18 mm bolt. Tourque is only at 75 lbs...
Old 01-26-2009, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

OUCH.... no likey that shop. If you did it being a newbie sure. A shop you paid money to do that making that kind of mistake!?!??!? OH my!

Quick Reply: Should this look like this?