Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

should i be worried?

Old 01-21-2011, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i be worried?

well im pretty new and ive search the forums..
here is my problem..today i installed my wheel spacers..set the jeep down to see the difference and there was!!! one of the wheels was even with the others ones.. take a look.

as you can see one of them is 3/4 inch and the other is almost 2 inchs?? are they suppost to be like that? also i notice this

the jeep is lump sided? and the sway bar links are mounted every other way!..not sure if i should bring it in and have them replace both my rear control arms to see if its even or what to do? the jeep is still under warranty.

any thoughts of what i should do would be great! thanks in advance
Old 01-21-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Jedi Master

Probably need to center your axle with an adjustable track bar.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah Get an Adj Track bar and shift it over 1/2 of an inch and call it a day.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Its only off centered. Adjustable track bar is the answer. Other posts are correct.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

here is another one or 2 of both sides from a far

so a adjustable track bar will do the trick? i dont need to bring the jeep into the dealer and have them get new ones..they just look bent to me.. like the old owner did a 360 and bent one of the control arms or something

one more thing look at the sway bar links left and right are they suppost to be mounted like that both facing the same way?

Last edited by runnin-low; 01-21-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

That shift may also be showing because the axle is at full droop. Check it on the ground with wheels and tires on and let us know?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blendo
That shift may also be showing because the axle is at full droop. Check it on the ground with wheels and tires on and let us know?
I was going to post this. With the axle drooped all the way, the track bar will be pulling it to one side a bit.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:52 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by runnin-low
well im pretty new and ive search the forums..
here is my problem..today i installed my wheel spacers..set the jeep down to see the difference and there was!!! one of the wheels was even with the others ones.. take a look.

as you can see one of them is 3/4 inch and the other is almost 2 inchs?? are they suppost to be like that? also i notice this

the jeep is lump sided? and the sway bar links are mounted every other way!..not sure if i should bring it in and have them replace both my rear control arms to see if its even or what to do? the jeep is still under warranty.

any thoughts of what i should do would be great! thanks in advance
Originally Posted by No1AP
I was going to post this. With the axle drooped all the way, the track bar will be pulling it to one side a bit.
In his first post he stated that he set the jeep down to measure.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by No1AP
yeah i notice that the track bar was pulling on the rear dif assembly. i have more pictures on the other camra i should post up..even when we pushed the left rotor up with a jack to straighten it..the control arms was still uneven..

ill have to crawl underneath tomorrow and take more pictures.
but like robar said i did set her down and looked and measure. the left rear wheel doesnt pop out as much as the other 3. ill take more picture tomorrow and post it so yah can see.. thanks for all the replys!

Quick Reply: should i be worried?