Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Should I, or shouldn't I

Old 04-30-2012, 01:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I, or shouldn't I

install my front and rear Coast DS? I can do it mechanically, but am just nerves about just torquing to 160 ft. lbs. at as opposed to using a dial torque dial wrench and fining the pre-load, etc. And would go the later if I did not have to buy a $300 wrench. So, I guess those that have done the 160 ft. lbs and called it a day, is it holding up? Or you starting to hear any noise, etc.

Just trying to talk myself into doing it myself.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

Well, you can always go to AutoZone and use their loan-a-tool (free) if they have a torque wrench that goes that high. Not sure about the rest. I'm still waiting on my RK 2.5 Max Travel and 37's to arrive. Hoping I won't have to do the ds's, but I may come back to this thread if I need new ds's. Good question.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:41 PM
JK Junkie

O'Riely's has a loan tool deal as well. My 250 lb torque wrench costed $90, then when i returned it, I got all my money back.

I use them for coil spring compressors, and several other tools. Great program they have.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:02 PM
JK Super Freak

I can get a ft. lb. torque wrench up to 160 ft. lbs. What you need to get is a dial in. lb. torque wrench. I do not think, and could be wrong, that Autozone, etc. rents these out.

Anyone in the Charlotte, NC area have one I can use?
Old 04-30-2012, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just use the ft/lb torque wrench and call it good

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Jeep JK Wrangler Coast Front 1310 Drive Shaft Installation Write-Up

Quick Reply: Should I, or shouldn't I