Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Should I Remove centrifugal weight system from Centerforce

Old 10-11-2015, 09:29 AM
lyd
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Should I Remove centrifugal weight system from Centerforce

Has anyone had experience with removing the centrifugal weight system from the Centerforce clutch?

Centerforce multiple times emphasizes not to remove the centrifugal weight system. But the weights somehow got stuck in the clutch housing and made the clutch behave as if the bearing has gone bad. I disassembled everything under the car, transmissions on the floor, etc...Do I want this to happen again in 6 months?
Old 10-14-2015, 12:49 PM
lyd
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Removed the weight balancing ring and and the clutch is much softer and smoother. Centerforce says no problem to remove the ring.

Originally Posted by lyd
Has anyone had experience with removing the centrifugal weight system from the Centerforce clutch?

Centerforce multiple times emphasizes not to remove the centrifugal weight system. But the weights somehow got stuck in the clutch housing and made the clutch behave as if the bearing has gone bad. I disassembled everything under the car, transmissions on the floor, etc...Do I want this to happen again in 6 months?

Quick Reply: Should I Remove centrifugal weight system from Centerforce