Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Should I really have to make sure mechanics know what there doing

Old 06-23-2010, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I really have to make sure mechanics know what there doing

Ok had to share this story...... Saturday I installed a Super Lift 2" BB on my 08 Sahara which turned out great by the way...nice kit....with the shocks. I also installed 18" XD Spys and 18" Nitto Trail Grapplers (love these tires.....very quite for a MT) Just to be safe I took the Jeep in to a (recommended) alighnment shop. to have the toe end checked and the caster just for the heck of it... While the Jeep is being put on the rack I went to grab a soda and came back and the mechanic had a wrench and bar hooked on the stabilizer bar trying to turn it....(the whole bar, not the nut)....I had show him what to loosen for the adjustment...we had a few words and told them to get the Jeep off the racks I'm leaving..... finally found a shop the old man had done this for 25 years he said your crazy for even bringing it in....show he showed me how to do it with a tape measure for the toe end. then put it on the machine to show me how that worked better... And the caster was still good and no ESP problems.....And thanks to this forum i alligned my steering wheel myself, cant trust anyone else these days.....
Old 06-23-2010, 12:21 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by maxjk
...18" Nitto Trail Grapplers ...
I'm trying to picture this in my mind ... but it ain't coming out pretty.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:38 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

It was a learning experience...

Next time, start here:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment

Quick Reply: Should I really have to make sure mechanics know what there doing