Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Should I let dealer install my lift?
Heck yeah, they can't blame you then.
13.00%
No way, do it yourself for the satisfaction and knowledge.
74.00%
Get and indy guy who knows what they're doing.
13.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Should I let my dealer install my lift?

Old 10-27-2009, 04:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

renpia, you gotta update your sig ya' ain't stock no more

Glad you decided to DIY.

We are all different people but the usual "Jeeper" is the type that enjoys turning their own wrenches. Least before the 4 door thing brought in an extremely large demographic. No flaming here, I'm leaning toward buying a 4 door for my wife, i'm just sayin'.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by toymaster
renpia, you gotta update your sig ya' ain't stock no more

Glad you decided to DIY.

We are all different people but the usual "Jeeper" is the type that enjoys turning their own wrenches. Least before the 4 door thing brought in an extremely large demographic. No flaming here, I'm leaning toward buying a 4 door for my wife, i'm just sayin'.
Good point and done! I kinda know what you mean about turning wrenches. I own a '95 HD Sportster and wrench on that quite a bit. I have such a connection with that machine and now I'm establishing that connection with my Jeep.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

I just want to share my initial ride impression since today was my first drive into work with the lift installed. So far I am impressed with the ride quality of this Pro Comp lift. It rides to near factory feel with a firmer suspension feel. The handling is tight and there is absolutely no shake or funny ride characteristic. Once I get my JKS track bar and pitman arm, I'm sure it will be even better. The only thing I need to do is tweak the steering wheel to perfect center. It's pretty darn close though. Anyway, so far so good. I'll report updates and pics when I get em.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too bad you already did it cause I had a cool idea that was the best of both worlds. You could have installed the rear lift kit and put the big meats on the back and then drove it down to the sleezership all jacked up in the back like a 70's Nova and then ask them to install the front for you... lol...

Last edited by Zylfrax791; 10-28-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Zylfrax791
Too bad you already did it cause I had a cool idea that was the best of both worlds. You could have installed the rear lift kit and put the big meats on the back and then drove it down to the sleezership all jacked up in the back like a 70's Nova and then ask them to install the front for you... lol...
Lol. Back in my youth, I would have thought this would look really cool! Actually, it will be interesting for my next service to pull up now. I'm afraid they're going to void my warranty on the spot.

Quick Reply: Should I let my dealer install my lift?