Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Should I let dealer install my lift?
Heck yeah, they can't blame you then.
13.00%
No way, do it yourself for the satisfaction and knowledge.
74.00%
Get and indy guy who knows what they're doing.
13.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Should I let my dealer install my lift?

Old 10-19-2009, 05:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Forget the dealer, whether he is competent or not.......your #2 "No way, do it yourself for the satisfaction and knowledge" - its a great learning curve, Teraflex's install instructions were superbly written and clear pictures.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do the lift yourself. Chances are that your going to make adjustments to the front control arms to get the caster right. You don't want to take it back to the dealer every time you need a adjustment or any bolts torqued. As for warranty if you are going to Greenwich they will tell you they don't mind the mods but the bigger tires will void your warranty. What lift do plan on going with?
Old 10-19-2009, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tony23
Do the lift yourself. Chances are that your going to make adjustments to the front control arms to get the caster right. You don't want to take it back to the dealer every time you need a adjustment or any bolts torqued. As for warranty if you are going to Greenwich they will tell you they don't mind the mods but the bigger tires will void your warranty. What lift do plan on going with?
I ended up with the Pro Comp stage 1, 4" with their 9000 shock. I'm going to pick up Rusty's front and rear lower adjustable arms too. I'm leaning to doing it myself but probably won't get to it until spring (no garage).

Sucks about the warranty, I bought the extended too. Can I get my money back?
Old 10-19-2009, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

You can get your money back from you your extended warranty but you may have to pay a fee. I canceled mine and used the money for gears.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

You can get your money back from you your extended warranty but you may have to pay a fee. I canceled mine and used the money for gears.
i have the bumper to bumper for life too. i debated canceling mine as well since i'm going to modify pretty much everything on it
Old 10-19-2009, 06:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll have to look into that. Damn, I wish I didn't get that. Thanks man.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:05 PM
JK Freak

I would tell them the jeep is rated to tow 3000lb and bigger tires are no way near the stress
Old 10-19-2009, 07:52 PM
JK Jedi

Just do it yourself and get the satisfaction.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:55 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by renpia
I ended up with the Pro Comp stage 1, 4" with their 9000 shock. I'm going to pick up Rusty's front and rear lower adjustable arms too. I'm leaning to doing it myself but probably won't get to it until spring (no garage).

Sucks about the warranty, I bought the extended too. Can I get my money back?
I bought the extended lifetime as well, Iam at 46000 and I have used it twice with rear locker and transmission. Iam highly modified and it was covered. Its worth the money to just pay 100 to get it fixed.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

None of the dealers I know of in the Phoenix area actually install their own lifts. I'd find out who is really doing the install. If it's a reputable place and you really don't want to do the work yourself, go directly with the installer and save a ton of cash. The warranty is just as good and you might get to meet some shop guys who really wheel.

If the dealer is really installing the lift, run and don't look back!

two cents.

Quick Reply: Should I let my dealer install my lift?