Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Should I keep the Teraflex Tuned Elkas Reservoir?

Old 12-28-2012, 11:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I keep the Teraflex Tuned Elkas Reservoir?

So my I'm going to buy a set NEW TF Elka shocks from a neighbor of mine for a SUPER cheap price here soon. I'm debating if I should either resale and make some profit on them to just pay for some 5100s or something a bit better and leave me with some extra cash. Or should I stick with deal and use them. I have a Teraflex 2.5 coil lift waiting to be installed. I've great things about them and I know they are amazing but if I do the resale right I would be able to basically get a set 5100s for free. I off road, but rarely do I do anything like what the Elkas are supposed to be for (high speed/washboard kinda stuff)?

Just looking for a extra opinion.

Thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 02:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious, why wouldn't you encourage your friend to sell them and make the extra cash himself? Seems like you are taking advantage of him. Now if. He is cool with you making a profit I would get the 5100s based on your driving habits.

Good luck.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:27 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

If you like your neighbor don't buy,go with your original plan
Old 12-29-2012, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Take the deal!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Just curious, why wouldn't you encourage your friend to sell them and make the extra cash himself? Seems like you are taking advantage of him. Now if. He is cool with you making a profit I would get the 5100s based on your driving habits.

Good luck.
I knew someone would say that. But he actually bought them off someone and is selling them to me for the same price he bought them for. I quote "I want to get rid of them and get my coilovers before my wife changes her mind" haha. We have been friends for years and he knows he can easily resale them for more but wants to get rid of them now. Thank you for your concern though!

I'm getting mixed opinions on here about what to do We'll see where this goes!
Old 12-29-2012, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

You can t regret keeping them. I have TeraFlex Tuned Fox... It was one of the best things I bought for my jk.
Keep the Elka and thanks your friend later. At least, install them and feel the difference...
Old 12-29-2012, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I fitted a set of Elka's about 3 weeks ago, admittedly at the same time I fitted speed bumps and some MC arms but the difference in ride is unbelievable!! I used AEV spec Bilsteins before and these are so much more comfortable both on and off road. Oh and I've tried OME, got to say I wont be trying anything else............ Get the Elka's and run em!

Nick

Last edited by nick p; 12-29-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:16 PM
JK Junkie

I would recommend buying and keeping the Elka's. you'll greatly appreciate them. Why sell them and downgrade to Bilstein 5100's, when you can keep and use the Elka's. You may not not use them to their full advantage, but you may someday, and you'll really appreciate them fully.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick917
I knew someone would say that. But he actually bought them off someone and is selling them to me for the same price he bought them for. I quote "I want to get rid of them and get my coilovers before my wife changes her mind" haha. We have been friends for years and he knows he can easily resale them for more but wants to get rid of them now. Thank you for your concern though!

I'm getting mixed opinions on here about what to do We'll see where this goes!
Cool, It seems people feel it would be better for you to run these instead of the 5100s. Thanks for the response.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:36 PM
JK Freak

I'll take them for your price!!! )

Quick Reply: Should I keep the Teraflex Tuned Elkas Reservoir?