Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

should i get new wheels

Old 07-05-2011, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i get new wheels

going crazy...i have the procomp 7089 16x8...had 265 bf goodrich at's on them for about 3 years and always had trouble with balancing (around 45-55mph vibration issues) had them road force balanced and everything...thought it was the tires so i got some falken wild peak at 305/70/16's now vibration is still there...the guys at the tire shop said it was my wheels they were having trouble with because they said to properly balance them the needed to put weights on the outside of the wheel too (i have them on the inside and stick on weights but sometimes the stick on weights fall off)...my question is do i need to get some steel wheels so they can place weights on the outside too...or do i take it somewhere else to get
balanced?...also if i do get steel wheels will the tpms sensors work with them?
thanks for any help

Quick Reply: should i get new wheels