Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Should body mount to ball joint measurement be the same on both sides?

Old 08-22-2017, 08:59 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,647 Posts

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
Have you tried measuring from hub to hub between front and rear and comparing this measurement between driver and passenger? At least it would tell you if you have a square.
No, but I'll do that when I go home today. Thanks.

When I drove it home from the alignment shop on Sunday it didn't feel odd at all. I didn't drive it yesterday, and this morning when I drove it to work today it just seemed to have an obvious pull to the left which got me a little concerned as it was just aligned and I have a 750 mile journey tomorrow morning.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One other thing to consider... If it seemed to come on suddenly, cross rotate your front tires and see if it changes, even a brand new tire can cause a pull that cannot be corrected with alignment.

Good luck on your drive.

Quick Reply: Should body mount to ball joint measurement be the same on both sides?