Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shopping for a programmer

Old 11-03-2014, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shopping for a programmer

Looking for some advice on a programmer, not looking for anything to crazy but something that handles TPMS lights and since I sized up on tires and winter blend fuel is here my jeep is starting to ping a little even under light loads in higher gears. I do not want to spend a ton no need for locker control etc just maybe something that can update the tune but still install the factory tune if I need to return to the dealer
Old 11-03-2014, 08:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only have experience with Superchips. I had it with my 07 JKUR. It made a world of difference with driving and the shifting with the 3.8 engine. You could reset/read codes and do tire adjustment. I'm sure there other great programmers, but Superchips makes a great product. Not sure if there is a programmer for the 3.6 yet if that's what you're needing. I haven't gotten that far into building my newer one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 11-03-2014, 10:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You have never really looked at these, have you. You don't get to pick and choose which features come on them, they have what they have.

The cheaper 'programmers' (aev procal/superchips flashcal) will do a lot of things, but they have no tuning capabilities.

If you step up to an actual tuner (superchips flashpaq/diablosport intune/etc) you get all of the features of a programmer, as well as tuning.

Then the next step up are the expensive tuners with the fancy displays and more added features (superchips traildash/diablosport trinity).

So since you want tuning, skip the programmers and look at the tuners. Their websites will have lists of everything they do, and there are plenty of very long review threads here. Do a little research and see which one fits your needs and budget.

Quick Reply: Shopping for a programmer