Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shopping Around (rock-sliders)

Old 09-26-2012, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shopping Around (rock-sliders)

I just wanted to share my experience I had yesterday as I was shopping around for a set of Ace Rock Sliders (bolt-on) for my 2012 4dr. I spent the better half of the afternoon calling around, sending out emails and private messages to most of the authorized dealers of ACE products. From reading and lurking around this forum, I knew the price range the sliders go for (actual cost) is a steal, but the cost of shipping them is a problem. Some members are seeing shipping add $40-$100+ to the total cost. So after hearing back from most of venders I contacted, one of them gave me the price I was looking for.

I sent Jason from Rebel-OffRoad , who is a sponsoring vender of JK-Forum, a message via PM. He shot me back a quote for the sliders within minutes, which was easily $30-40 lower then all the other venders I contacted. Rebel Off-Road was able to ship me my sliders across the US for about the cost of a cheap case of beer. I spoke with Jason over the phone and he also threw in some free swag!

I just wanted to share my experience that I had with Jason and Rebel-OffRoad, and to publicly thank them for making my first major modification a positive one. Can't wait to get the sliders on!

Old 09-26-2012, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

So what was the final price?!?
Old 09-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Nish36
I just wanted to share my experience I had yesterday as I was shopping around for a set of Ace Rock Sliders (bolt-on) for my 2012 4dr. I spent the better half of the afternoon calling around, sending out emails and private messages to most of the authorized dealers of ACE products. From reading and lurking around this forum, I knew the price range the sliders go for (actual cost) is a steal, but the cost of shipping them is a problem. Some members are seeing shipping add $40-$100+ to the total cost. So after hearing back from most of venders I contacted, one of them gave me the price I was looking for.

I sent Jason from Rebel-OffRoad , who is a sponsoring vender of JK-Forum, a message via PM. He shot me back a quote for the sliders within minutes, which was easily $30-40 lower then all the other venders I contacted. Rebel Off-Road was able to ship me my sliders across the US for about the cost of a cheap case of beer. I spoke with Jason over the phone and he also threw in some free swag!

I just wanted to share my experience that I had with Jason and Rebel-OffRoad, and to publicly thank them for making my first major modification a positive one. Can't wait to get the sliders on!

Thank you for the very kind words. We worked hard to build a great relationship with Adam and AJ over at ACE. It allows us to make sure our customers receive our full attention.

Originally Posted by Fivepack1966
So what was the final price?!?
HAHA now now. We don't ask magicians how they do their tricks. Pricing is a factor of product plus shipping cost. Please PM us at your convenience for a quote. We will never send an unsolicited PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:47 PM
JK Newbie

Rocksiders on! No major problems on the install. Two of the body bolts needed tapped out with a hammer. Amazed with the quality of sliders and the price was just right. Purchased a grinder ( for the washers) with the money I saved!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1539189763.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	374553  
Old 10-05-2012, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for sharing. Planning to buy a pair for my 4-dr 2013 Rubi when it comes in (hopefully before turkey day), now I know where I'll be buying from! Will send a PM once I receive my new ride.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:15 PM
JK Freak

That's where I got mine from. Jason is great to deal with.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:45 AM
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Rocksiders on! No major problems on the install. Two of the body bolts needed tapped out with a hammer. Amazed with the quality of sliders and the price was just right. Purchased a grinder ( for the washers) with the money I saved!
Looks great!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:14 AM
JK Junkie

Looks good, I'll keep that in mind when I get ready to purchase some.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

Subscribed - archiving for when I'm ready to move on these -
Old 11-04-2012, 11:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not a fan of the ACE (EVO Sliders all the way), but good job getting a good deal.

Quick Reply: Shopping Around (rock-sliders)