Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

shop to install bb lift

Old 10-31-2008, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default shop to install bb lift

I went by the local shop because the temps here have been 50 and below and the army has seen fit to not offer me a garage. They quoted 4-500 bucks to install a teraflex bb 2.5 inch lift. Does that sound outrageous to anyone else?
Old 10-31-2008, 06:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think that is high. The time involved should be around 4 hrs or less with proper tools and a lift. Figuire 65 or 70 an hour I would say the max should be $250- $300. This is just a guess on my part though
Old 10-31-2008, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

3-4 hours max $65-$85/hr should easily get it done in most shops

Good luck
Old 10-31-2008, 06:56 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

man, i wish you lived closer as i would offer up my garage and services and install your lift for free. have you tried making a post about this in your staging area? i'm sure there are others who would eagerly help you out as well. i have installed dozens of BB's and can tell you that it should take only 2 hours tops by yourself and without a lift or air tools.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ldstruckn
I went by the local shop because the temps here have been 50 and below and the army has seen fit to not offer me a garage. They quoted 4-500 bucks to install a teraflex bb 2.5 inch lift. Does that sound outrageous to anyone else?
That is rediculous partner, I wish you were local I'd help you do it for free and all I have is a two car garage, that's all you need and a friend helping, DO NOT pay that much for this simple lift kit whatever you do...
Old 10-31-2008, 07:23 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Is there a post auto hobby shop? If not, check other posts/bases--VA is full of them--and do it there. This is a simple mod you can do easily yourself if you're even partly mechanically inclined.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ldstruckn
that sounds insane...I wouldn't pay more then 200 or 250...I guess you boys aren't used to the cold....shit 50 degrees I would be out there doin it myself...I knoow its not a full lift but I installed my front spacers on tuesday night and it was 39 degrees and windy. I was gonna do it in my garage but didn't have enough clearance to jack it up that high so I had to do it outside.

Just wear a hooded sweatshirt a pair of gloves and a hat...you'll be fine...I wouldn't piss away that kinda money to have someone install a BB...kinda defeats the purpose of it being a Budget Boost...when you have to blow your budget just to have it put in..lol..maybe it's just me but I'd rather deal with the cold for a few hours and have the 300-400 for another mod.

Good luck regardless of how you get her installed...can't wait to see pics.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by trick50
that sounds insane...I wouldn't pay more then 200 or 250...I guess you boys aren't used to the cold....shit 50 degrees I would be out there doin it myself...I knoow its not a full lift but I installed my front spacers on tuesday night and it was 39 degrees and windy. I was gonna do it in my garage but didn't have enough clearance to jack it up that high so I had to do it outside.

Just wear a hooded sweatshirt a pair of gloves and a hat...you'll be fine...I wouldn't piss away that kinda money to have someone install a BB...kinda defeats the purpose of it being a Budget Boost...when you have to blow your budget just to have it put in..lol..maybe it's just me but I'd rather deal with the cold for a few hours and have the 300-400 for another mod.

Good luck regardless of how you get her installed...can't wait to see pics.

love your sig, especially the "5:00pm took wife to dinner" part
Old 10-31-2008, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

When I was shopping around, i got qouted $150 to install a BB, and $175 with Shocks.... Your qouted WAY WAY to high
Old 10-31-2008, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

I purchased the teraflex 4" complete kit from 4wheelparts. They said they can
install it for me for 500. I still think that's too much even for a complete kit
so i'm gonna try and install myself.

Quick Reply: shop to install bb lift