Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

SHOCKS?? Teraflex VS Skyjacker VS black diamond A/T

Old 08-19-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SHOCKS?? Teraflex VS Skyjacker VS black diamond A/T

Howdy all..

new member here looking for advice .. i have a 09 2 dr 33's with the 2.5" teraflex BB without shocks and i am now looking to get new shocks. with greater ride confort and handling
i ve been reading several reviews and most shocks have mixed reviews and all of them.
what is your experience with the ones you own? which do you recomend? do you have any other ones that you find are better than the ones ive mentioned??

my jeep is a DD and i do take it offroad from time to time but nothing too serious like some other people on the forum. i would love to do it full time but really i am too busy.

what do you guys think? teraflex? skyjacker? any other ones? money is not really an issue but i would rather get some economical ones that would work just as great as any other ones
your opinion is greatly appreciated
Old 08-19-2010, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have run the Teraflex shocks with my 2 1/2" lift for over a year. They are a good shock for the money and I haven't had any problems with them. They are a bit stiffer than the stock Rubicon shocks but not overly harsh. Like you my Jeep is a DD and I am happy with them. What can I say? They do what they were intended to do
Old 08-19-2010, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by daubie
I have run the Teraflex shocks with my 2 1/2" lift for over a year. They are a good shock for the money and I haven't had any problems with them. They are a bit stiffer than the stock Rubicon shocks but not overly harsh. Like you my Jeep is a DD and I am happy with them. What can I say? They do what they were intended to do
thank you! good to know. have you heard anything from any other shocks? some of my friends rave about fabtech.. but i dont really know..
Old 08-19-2010, 10:58 AM
JK Junkie

Look into OME or Bilstein. Those seem the most popular unless you want to drop some serious cash on King or Fox.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got OME Long Travel Shocks and they ride very comfortably.

From what I see and read on:

OME and Bilsteins Shocks are very well liked and they are popular choices.

I hear good things about Skyjacker shocks as well.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

The ES9000 shocks from Skyjacker are horrible!! Extremely bouncy and constantly broke.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RANGER666
The ES9000 shocks from Skyjacker are horrible!! Extremely bouncy and constantly broke.
I'm running a 2" BB from Skyjacker with hydro shocks and I have no complaints. Maybe it's just because I don't have anything to compare them against, but I'm pleased with the ride quality and durability. It's a Jeep after all...
Old 08-19-2010, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the full traction shocks and i really don't recomend them

they are so uncomfotable for on-road use

Quick Reply: SHOCKS?? Teraflex VS Skyjacker VS black diamond A/T