Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shocks for OME Lift

Old 08-21-2012, 03:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shocks for OME Lift

After 1/2 year of asking, making my mind and looking in the forum I finally going for a decent lift kit. It will be the OME HD kit.
Next week I´ll do the appointment for the work.
But I´m not sure about the OME shocks. Sure they are good and a lot of people ride them but surely there is room for improvement ....???
Which shocks could should I buy ? All people are so crazy about the Fox and King product range. From the "cheap" 2.0 emulsion Fox and up to the 2.5 King piggyback.

If I still have enough money left I would like to go this way. But.......
As the lift is only 2.25" to 2.5" (wayalife meant in his write up more to 3") most shocks are to long. They are meant for 3-5" lifts.
Same with the new Bilstein 5160 shocks.
I could work with larger bumpstops but still have the droop which could damage some parts.
And the small Kings are just up to 2" lift. So there is always a gap between 2" and 3" lifts.

Any ideas ? Shocks which are even better than King and I don´t know ?
Technical ideas to get around this gap ?
Or just stay with the OME LT shocks and be happy because it works fine ??
Old 08-21-2012, 04:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I put the OME 3" HD with their shocks on my 2010 JKU. You'll get every bit of 3" and I found the ride on pavement to be better than stock but not too stiff. I did a bunch of research (like most of us do) and was really happy with my choice. Good luck!

Last edited by Rule18; 08-21-2012 at 04:51 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the OME HD and Bilstein 5100's. Very nice ride and yes it is a 3" lift. Even with bumpers and winch.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been looking at these kits for some time as well. By all accounts the OME shocks/springs ride very well both on and off road.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Default Shocks for OME lift

Originally Posted by Bull
I've been looking at these kits for some time as well. By all accounts the OME shocks/springs ride very well both on and off road.
I agree..... I have the LT lift and the OME shocks all from Northridge and have been very pleased with the ride both on and off road
Old 08-21-2012, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

Same here. OME 2++ lift with OME Shocks. ITs higher than 2, closer to 3 total. And it rides better with some extra weight in the jeep.
But overall, its a great lift and not super hard to install. Are you adding the control arms as well? Steering stabilizer?
Old 08-21-2012, 12:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by drslfin
Same here. OME 2++ lift with OME Shocks. ITs higher than 2, closer to 3 total. And it rides better with some extra weight in the jeep.
But overall, its a great lift and not super hard to install. Are you adding the control arms as well? Steering stabilizer?
I love mine, I did install front lca and am glad I did, it handles awesome again
Old 08-21-2012, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by drslfin
I already have a Bilstein 5100 steering stabilizer. But i`ll add a relocation set.
Most companies here sell them without lca´s and say it works perfect so and never had any issues. So I´ll start without lca´s but will have an eye on it very closely.
And all dealers offer special adjustable bolts like the ZJ had for the front. That would be a fast cheap option if the allignment isn´t 100% correct.
But I will swap the track bar brackets to a JKS track bar it´s an option from my dealer.

So if everyone is so pleased about the setup I think I´ll just do it and see what else I can change and take my time with additional shocks or playin around with the lift kit......
So maybe bumpers, winch, rock rails makes more sense first.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

OME seem to be a good tuned system designed to make the shocks work with the springs and your particuar setup
Old 08-22-2012, 05:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeramiej
I agree..... I have the LT lift and the OME shocks all from Northridge and have been very pleased with the ride both on and off road
x2 love my OME lift springs and shocks on my 2011 JKU

Quick Reply: Shocks for OME Lift