Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shocks-best ride-smooth-non jarring??

Old 08-12-2010, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Shocks-best ride-smooth-non jarring??

Looking for hands down the "best riding" on road shock for a 4" lift 2dr. Not looking for a 500 dollar shock, something within common sense reason....PLEASE SOMEONE THAT HAS THE KNOWLEDGE AND FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE!!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulsonic
Looking for hands down the "best riding" on road shock for a 4" lift 2dr. Not looking for a 500 dollar shock, something within common sense reason....PLEASE SOMEONE THAT HAS THE KNOWLEDGE AND FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE!!
I have had alot of people say my jeep rides good and I run the ome long travel shocks. My jeep rides great on and off road, but no matter what shock you get if your tires are not at a proper psi, it will ride like shit. I run my toyos at 26 psi and that is chalk tested for the proper psi. I load C range tire will also ride better
Old 08-12-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with rdx08 tire pressure is everything
Old 08-12-2010, 06:21 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alot of your ride depends on your springs. Bilsteins seem to a good all around shock for lifts, but, if you have stiff springs, your gonna have a stiffer ride no matter what.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know how you can do much better than Old Man Emu for a compliant road ride in a shock that works well off road as well. Ask Dave @ Northridge. He probably sells more shocks than anyone else here. He can sell you costlier shocks, but my bet is he'll point you toward OME.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Under Dawg
I don't know how you can do much better than Old Man Emu for a compliant road ride in a shock that works well off road as well. Ask Dave @ Northridge. He probably sells more shocks than anyone else here. He can sell you costlier shocks, but my bet is he'll point you toward OME.
Fox 2.0 reservoirs with compression adjusters...OME is good but you do get what you pay for.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fox 2.0 reservoirs with compression adjusters...OME is good but you do get what you pay for.
Really?

99% of the people on this forum do not need to spend the money on a Remote Res shock.

Even with the compression adjustment the ride is still pretty stiff.

Good try though.

David
Old 08-15-2010, 04:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Really?

99% of the people on this forum do not need to spend the money on a Remote Res shock.

Even with the compression adjustment the ride is still pretty stiff.

Good try though.

David
Thanks to everyone, just like everything, lots of opinions....oh well

Quick Reply: Shocks-best ride-smooth-non jarring??