Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

shocks?

Old 03-16-2009, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default shocks?

ok, i have a rustys 3.25" kit with their shocks, i will probably get new shocks sometime in the next year or so because my father in law dented on of my shocks a little bit.

are the fox shocks worth the $800 or so they are selling for? or would i be better served with some rancho 9000s or the like?

i mainly drive on the street and am looking for a slightly softer ride....

thanks..

i will be getting a steering stabilizer at the same time... if that makes a difference
Old 03-16-2009, 12:42 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

fox shocks are very nice but in my opinion, no, they are not worth the price. rancho's are adjustable so you can set them for the kind of ride that you want. for your purposes, i think you will find that a set of OME's will give you what you want as well and for considerably less money than a set of fox.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:43 PM
JK Super Freak

your shocks shouldn't cost more than your entire suspension. I would say look at OME, OME LT, and Bilstein
Old 03-17-2009, 04:10 AM
JK Freak

yeah thats what i was thinking. but just wanted some feedback...
thanks alot.

Quick Reply: shocks?