Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shocks

Old 05-15-2010, 09:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shocks

Hey guys, just had a quick question... How good of an upgrade would getting new shocks be??? I have been told by a buddy of mine that mine are limiting my articulation. They don't look stock but I only seem to be getting marginal flex with around 3 inches of lift. And if you think it's a good way to spend your money then which shocks? I know Rancho and Skyjacker are having promotions right now. Anyways, thanks in advance.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:00 AM
JK Freak

as far as i am aware shocks keep you from flexing too much and having your springs pop out

are you checking your flex with your sway bar disconnected
Old 05-16-2010, 06:55 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

i see that you have a 2" spacer lift and assuming you did get new shocks with the kit, there's a good chance that they have a stock compressed and extended length or close to it. that is not uncommon. installing longer shocks will allow you to have more droop but, you need to be careful NOT to get something so long that you bottom them out all the time. this is way more of a problem than having so much droop that you loose your coils.

of the shocks you are looking at, i would go with a set of rancho 9000x as they are adjustable and you can set your ride to how you like. the others are just basic old school hydro shocks and really not that great.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice WOL!!!

Quick Reply: Shocks