Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shock Upgrade from RC 2.2 to Bilstein 5100?

Old 11-17-2014, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock Upgrade from RC 2.2 to Bilstein 5100?

I am running a Rough Country 2.5 coil lift with AEV geometry brackets on my JKU. Overall the ride is pretty good, but I get a little side to side bounce coming out of turns and over some road bumps. Would a set of Bilstein 5100's cure the problem? The springs seem to be about right as the ride is smooth and I have just about the right amount of lift. Not knocking the Rough Country Shocks as they have been better than expected. Just wondering what the improvements would be just by swapping them out.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

Good question. Im gonna subscribe to see what opinions are provided. I am looking for a new lift now. I was told the best thing you can do for the coils, just about any brand, is get the best shocks you can afford. I was told that shocks make all the difference. So, I think im going with bilsteins with whatever coils I end up getting. Subscribed.

Last edited by ricon; 11-17-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

I am still running the stock tires on spacers so I can feel changes. I am just trying to get everything dialed in before throwing some bigger rubber underneath where I may not be able to feel what is going on with the suspension.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:26 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We've had great luck with the Rancho RS9000XL shocks. They're adjustable plush to firm (1-9) so you can really dial in to your liking. I run them on my JK and TJ - 100% happy with both vehicles performance.

Rancho RS9000XL Shock Kit for JK | Offroad Elements

Feel free to PM or call me any time if you have any questions or would like forum member pricing on these
Old 11-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Former Vendor

We offer a N2.0 shock that would be a good change for your Jeep. The 2.2's are a beefy shock that are designed for rugged use. If anything I'd say they are to aggressive for daily use. The N2.0 shock is nitrogen charged and specifically for your Jeep. If I can help you more feel free to call me or shoot me a pm.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

X2 on the Rancho 9000's best shock out there, for comfort before going reservoir and spending way more$$$

Quick Reply: Shock Upgrade from RC 2.2 to Bilstein 5100?