Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

shock relocation

Old 02-25-2008, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shock relocation

Do any companies make a relocation brackets for the bottom shock mounts on the rear axle? They stick down way to far. They are just a few inches from the ground.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

It think there may be a couple companies making some....I'll do a quick search for ya....

In the mean time, you can check out mine....my brother and I relocated mine awhile ago
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/modified-my-shock-brackets-tb-bracket-pics-18169/

You just need to make sure your shocks dont bottom out when stuffing a tire, and that your springs dont fall out when dropping a tire.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Former Vendor

You can use the lower shock mounts that we make for the Rock Jock 60 rear end.

No pictures on our web site yet. Part # JK-BRKT-RSB sells for $19.95. You can weld them or bolt them on.

Last edited by David @ Currie Ent.; 02-25-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do think any normal automotive shop could weld thoughs on or would you recommend a 4x4 specialty type shop? Also about how many inches does it raise them up I would like to do this with a BB lift and still use the stock shocks.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

rock krawler was the first to make them i forgot one other. with all of them you need to measure the rear shocks for correct length.

Last edited by Robar; 02-25-2008 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Edited blacklisted manufacturer.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Eracer76
It think there may be a couple companies making some....I'll do a quick search for ya....

In the mean time, you can check out mine....my brother and I relocated mine awhile ago
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18169

You just need to make sure your shocks dont bottom out when stuffing a tire, and that your springs dont fall out when dropping a tire.
those are nice. how much will it cost for you and your brother to make one for me?

Quick Reply: shock relocation