Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

shock question

Old 03-09-2009, 07:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shock question

The shocks from Teraflex come compressed, is there a maximum amount of time that they should be allowed in this position?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:43 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

ummm, are you asking if there is some kind of shelf life on them? if they are new or even if they are not, if you cut the strap and they extend, they should be fine.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beware of shock mold, it will destroy your unused shock and melt your garage shelf
Old 03-10-2009, 02:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry if I did not explain myself well, how long can the shocks remain in the compressed position? They come completely compressed, it would seem that this would put some stress on the shock, maybe cause a potential leak somewhere if left in the compressed position for too long.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:55 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanc
sorry if I did not explain myself well, how long can the shocks remain in the compressed position? They come completely compressed, it would seem that this would put some stress on the shock, maybe cause a potential leak somewhere if left in the compressed position for too long.
if the shocks havea bad seal or are defective in some way, sure they will leak and have issues. i have seen brand new edelbrock shocks come out of the box that way. but, if the shock is a quality product, it should not leak or have any issues regardless of them being compressed.

Quick Reply: shock question