Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shock problem?

Old 01-19-2009, 09:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock problem?

Hi all...

I took my roof rack off the jeep this weekend to remove rust and re-finish it... the whole system weighs in at a little over 140 lbs.

Anyways, I still have it off as the primer is drying... so I was cruising down a road I drive down everyday and noticed that I did not hear any of the usual clanking when going over potholes, etc...

The ride was very smooth and much quieter than I am used to... do you think it was because the the additional weight was off the shocks?

I am running Teraflex shocks with their 2.5" lift...

Any thoughts?
Old 01-19-2009, 11:27 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by lowspeedchase
Hi all...

I took my roof rack off the jeep this weekend to remove rust and re-finish it... the whole system weighs in at a little over 140 lbs.

Anyways, I still have it off as the primer is drying... so I was cruising down a road I drive down everyday and noticed that I did not hear any of the usual clanking when going over potholes, etc...

The ride was very smooth and much quieter than I am used to... do you think it was because the the additional weight was off the shocks?

I am running Teraflex shocks with their 2.5" lift...

Any thoughts?
I would assume the noise you heard was your roof rack. From what I understand a lot of them rattle
Old 01-19-2009, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
I would assume the noise you heard was your roof rack. From what I understand a lot of them rattle
It's not a rattle I am used to, it's that hard clank and you can feel it in the footwell....
Old 01-19-2009, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

No roof rack here. Just pondering if you get a similar noise with the rack off and add a passenger of about the same weight?

Quick Reply: Shock problem?