Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

shock lift question

Old 06-22-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shock lift question

I have the ome 2.5" lift installed just springs I just installed sway bar links and and removed the bottom bolt for the rear shock and noticed it only dropped 1" that's all I have left in travel not good so my question is which ome shocks should I buy to fit this lift long travel or the regular ome shocks.....not sure how long of a shock with out having my spring pop out or drive shaft issues on full flex.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Can anybody help with which shock lengh to use
Old 06-23-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the standard length for their 2" kit (not sure of the actual length, somewhere about 29" extended I believe). If you get the long travel you can pick up a set of spring retainers pretty cheap, and its not a hard install.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

if ur doing the old man emu lift thats ome i assume u just buy the shocks with the same length
idk where u bought urs but whwere i see em u buy either the whole set or shock by shock and coil by coil if u did the 2.5 there is prolly 2.5 inch shocks to and if u need alittle more travel look in to some strong shock etensions liek the ones that the teraflex bb w/o shocks come with just put those wher ur shocksattach and it should give u some more hieght and travel with it
Old 06-23-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the reply ....... Would the long travel shock damage the stock drive shafts or would it be safe to run them
Old 06-23-2009, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

For daily driving no......if you flex alot then it is possible, but with just a 2.5" kit its not likley. I have the TF 2.5" coil kit with shocks for a 4" kit and dont have issues (2dr), I have spring retainers installed though.

Quick Reply: shock lift question