Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shock length - rear ome sport vs ome lt

Old 12-05-2011, 10:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock length - rear ome sport vs ome lt

Does anyone know the shock length difference between the ome nitro sport and the long travel version(60067 and 60067L)?

Is it exactly 2.5" ?

I have the LTs right now and at full axle drop my rear coils fall out and my sway bar hits the tire. Just 1.75 inches higher and everything is fine. I don't want to add wheel spacers so I'm thinking the easiest solution is shorter shocks for the rear

Last edited by troyboy; 12-06-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by troyboy
Does anyone know the shock length difference between the ome nitro sport and the long travel version(60067 and 60067L)?

Is it exactly 2.5" ?

I have the LTs right now and at full axle drop my rear shocks fall out and my track bar hits the tire. Just 1.75 inches higher and everything is fine. I don't want to add wheel spacers so I'm thinking the easiest solution is shorter shocks for the rear
I'm assuming you mean your coils fall out? Although I don't know how the track bar would hit the tire. but maybe consider either a trackbar relocation kit, or at the very least so spring clips to keep the coils in place? I have the non LT version of the ome, and I know I wish I had the long travels. would be nice to get that extra flex
Old 12-06-2011, 05:42 AM
JK Junkie

Hey, troyboy, how about limiting straps?
Old 12-06-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sneck
I'm assuming you mean your coils fall out? Although I don't know how the track bar would hit the tire. but maybe consider either a trackbar relocation kit, or at the very least so spring clips to keep the coils in place? I have the non LT version of the ome, and I know I wish I had the long travels. would be nice to get that extra flex
Lol. It was really late when I posted. I ment my coils fall out and my swaybar hits
Old 12-06-2011, 11:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Well as it turns out, the only way this happens is if my rear axle drops straight down and I'm not planning on jumping my jeep so I'm going to keep my setup as is.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by troyboy
Well as it turns out, the only way this happens is if my rear axle drops straight down and I'm not planning on jumping my jeep so I'm going to keep my setup as is.
yeah i might just get some limiting straps or some coil retaining clips and just enjoy the sweet flex. if you want i'll trade you shocks and you can have the non LT OME's
Old 12-06-2011, 11:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sneck
yeah i might just get some limiting straps or some coil retaining clips and just enjoy the sweet flex. if you want i'll trade you shocks and you can have the non LT OME's
No way! I love those shocks!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do you have rear bump stop extensions? They come with the rear panhard/trackbar extension kit. They are roughly 2in blocks that bolt onto the top of the rear axle tubes. It will slightly limit flex but it will prevent over flex and keep your trackbar from hitting the R.R. shock at full flex to that side. I have a 2.5 inch lift and long travel shocks and have tested the flex with no issues.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2751350701.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	246412  

Quick Reply: Shock length - rear ome sport vs ome lt