Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

shock length and driveshaft

Old 03-14-2016, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shock length and driveshaft

Hey guys, ive got a 2014 2dr 6speed and im currently running the evo leveling kit. The front springs are capable of quite a bit of travel and my rubi shocks that im currently running just weren't long enough so i ordered a set of bilstiens that are ~25 inches extended length. Im running stock bumpstops and stock rubi tires so this should net me real close to 9.5 inches travel up front. So my question is, at full droop will i run into driveshaft issues up front? Or is a 25 inch shock going to keep my driveshaft at a reasonable angle and off of my crossover pipe?

Thanks in advance!
Adam
Old 03-14-2016, 07:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are still running the stock front driveshaft you will hit the crossover at full droop with a 25" extended length shock. At least mine did
Old 03-14-2016, 08:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, iirc TF shortened their 2.5" front shocks to just below 25" to add clearance. Instead of losing droop run exhaust spacers or a smaller ID driveshaft.

Quick Reply: shock length and driveshaft