Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shock help

Old 03-02-2014, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock help

I checked the stickies and did a search and didn't find answers.

08 JKU with a TF level spacer kit, 33s and RR wheels. Want to upgrade stock shocks (133,000km on Jeep)

Want to leave myself open to new coils down the road so I have on my list Bills 24-146708 front (lift height 1.5 to 3") and Bills 24-146715 rear lift hight 2"

My rear spacer lift is 1" so I exceed by 1" in the rear is this a concern? Should I also install a bump stop to make up the 1"?

My upgrade path from here is either TF coil level with some spacers to get the height I want. As most 2.5" coil lift give you closer to 3" with OEM bumpers.

I've also looked at the Rancho 9000xl and their 7000mt shocks. On their web site if I select 2" and 1"or 2"and 2" the same part number comes up for both...leads me to think if I went with these I'd be ok.

Is nitro charged better then monotube?

Realize ride is subjective...open to advice/suggestions I'm a DD on the highway 98% of the time so comfort is important. Thanks

Quick Reply: Shock help