Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shock Bushings

Old 11-05-2008, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock Bushings

I installed a rough country budget boost with the rx shocks and one was leaking so i called rough country and had them ship me a new shock. The problem is that it did not come with any shock bushings. Is there any way to easily remove the bushing from the leaky shock and install it in the new one? or should i go out and purchase some new bushings. Im asking this because i have heard that a while ago rough country was sending out bad shock bushings with their shocks and im not sure if mine or bad. If its possible i would like to go ahead and replace all of the bushings and just be done with it. Any input would be appreciated thanks!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:00 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I installed the RC 2.2 shocks well before the bushing failures. But, two of mine were missing the bushings. I called RC and they over-night expressed them. I haven't had a problem with any of my bushings. If you haven't solved this yet, I suggest you give RC a chance.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:03 AM
JK Freak

you can buy shock bushing seperate. my local 4wheelparts has em from energy suspension. I had a set of pro comp es9000's that the bushings failed, and thats what they gave me as replacement. any decent autozone or advanced auto should have em.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Funny, I had a set of Procrap ES9000's also.

I hated those shocks and yeah, the bushings were toast. Love my Perf. 2.2's though!

Quick Reply: Shock Bushings