Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shock bushings

Old 12-12-2012, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock bushings

Looks like these have gone bad. Procomp surprise surprise!

The fronts are in a similar condition. Any suggestions on replacements and also is it easy to do?
Old 12-12-2012, 07:29 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

If the end of the shock isn't banging around in the fitting, I would let it go until the shocks wear out.

Isn't there a spacer in the rubber that would prevent the fitting from crimping in like it shows in the picture?

If there is, it's either too short, or it has worn into the fitting.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's not banging around. And your right it Looks like there are no spacers used as both sides are crimped. I'll take your advice and leave until I need new shocks as I have an oil leak at the crank seal to fix first
Cheers
Old 12-12-2012, 08:43 AM
JK Junkie

You might be able to email and call Pro Comp, and they might send you new bushings.

I know I bought some 4" shocks from a member here and those bushings were worn and missing. I sent Rough Country rep a PM here and he got me some new bushing asap. Rough Country's been some amazing customer service.

If those shocks still feel okay, run them into the ground and be ready to order a new set. Or go ahead and order a new set and sell those for $50 to someone who just NEEDS a set of shocks.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

The same thing happened to my procomps. They have a life time warranty. So I got mine replaced.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Former Vendor

If you wheel that then it is likely you hit your lower shock mounts on a rock at some point and did that.

This is what I did wheeling one time.

Smashboogie 4x4 Facebook Page - Broken Rear Shock Mount

Its a good idea to raise the shock mounts higher and cut off that low point on these JKs.

This is a difference a relocation kit makes.

Smashboogie 4x4 Facebook Page - Cut Rear Shock Mount

Smashboogie 4x4 Facebook Page - Stock Rear Shock Mount

I can get the relocation kits from Rock Krawler that get welded in place for $35 a pair.

Quick Reply: Shock bushings