Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Shock Boots...Requirement or Usless?
Purchased them, These should be included and are a requirement!
9.26%
Want them but havent got them yet....
7.41%
Take them or leave them..not a big deal
37.04%
Just Plain USLESS! Cause more problems then prevent them!
46.30%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Shock Boots...Requirement or Usless?

Old 09-02-2008, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whpony96
This was not the way I expected the poll to go. But the great points are very clear! I will NOT be getting a set and I am very grateful for the opinions from everyone! Keep them coming!
That's the problem. How many of the poll responders are voting based on their opinion, actual experience, or simply based off what they've read or heard?

And of those that do have actual experience, does their situation match yours?
Old 09-02-2008, 01:18 PM
JK Freak

my response to this thread was based soley on what i experienced.
before i read this post i merely used the supplied boots from skyjacker
with the assumption that they were there to keep out debris n stuff, but when i actually lifted the boot from the bottom a crap load of dirt fell out and the shafts like i said were suffering from a lil bit of corrosion at the top and bottom.
so based on that i just cut them off and thought to my self i like to properly maintain my jk at oil changes and when i wash it down this will be added to my list of things to do. its just a simple hose down of the undercarriage and maybe a spritz of WD-40, which i saw on a 4x4 program that said to spray WD-40 into the wheel wells so dirt n mud does not stick to things and makes for easier clean up....
Old 09-22-2008, 12:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Salt

Originally Posted by WRAITHYJEEP
requirement in canada
salt and crap bond to the shaft and prematurely wear out the seal
letting out shock oil

when ya wash the jeep pull up the boot! also enlarge the drain holes and weaping slots and there with be no issues with "premature shock failure" caused by debris seriously does no one do vehicle inspections on a weekly basis? like sunday evening takes an hr or less

I had boots on my YJ for yrs and never had issues
I live on a little island called Puerto Rico Where there is alot of salt. Knowing the damage salt can cause then maybe I should keep my boots on and of course learn the habit of weekly inspections

Quick Reply: Shock Boots...Requirement or Usless?