Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shock Boots? Gear Upgrade/change

Old 08-14-2009, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can run your shocks either way. You will find pros and cons for having them and not having them. It comes down to what looks you prefer. I have Bilstein Shocks that came with the boots on them, so I left them on. To each their own.

I also have 33's on my JEEP with 4:10 gearing with an automatic. Its a little sluggish in overdrive but I just turn it off. With a manual you should be fine. I would definetly change the gear oil regulary if you do alot of towing or off roading. The best in my opinion is a full sythetic like Amsoil or Royal Purple. I prefer the Amsoil they have been in the sythetic market longer than anyone.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Saugwah; 08-14-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MPBoxer
If it didn't come with a tow package you should have 3.73s for that year. If it did come with a tow package I believe you will have 4.10s.
Not true. 3.21's and 4.10's were the only options available in '07.

OP. It's more likely that you have 3.21's with your set up...being that it's an X 6-speed. I know MK's came with 4.10's....I'd say that's an exception. Most 6speed X's in '07 without tow package(factory installed) came with 3.21's....and if you have the hook on the back that lends me to believe that even more. That will make it sluggish with 33's (believe me I know) but can be managed, especially if your a flat-lander
Old 08-14-2009, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im taking my boots off as soon as i get a chance....

corey d

Quick Reply: Shock Boots? Gear Upgrade/change