Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shock advice please...

Old 11-29-2011, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock advice please...

Hey all,

I've spent a LOT of hours reading numerous posts/reviews/blogs for Fox, Elka and King shocks (with some others as well). I'm going to be getting a 4dr Terraflex perf coil leveling kit for my upcoming 2dr. I want to replace the OEM shocks but have read mixed reviews for all the higher-end shocks. Honestly that scares me a bit when we're talking about that much money on shocks. I'm a bit nervous that I'd buy one of these setups and find out the ride is a bit harsh. Most of the time I'll be using this as my daily driver so I really want a well mannered vehicle in the rainy NW weather. I'll also be hitting a lot of the trails, mountain roads, etc. aound the NW states/Canada. More mud, snow, etc. driving than hardcore rock crawling.

If you have any experience with these shocks, I'd love to hear feedback and opinions. Really tryiing to understand what I should expect from these shocks and whether they are a good fit for what I am looking to do. Thanks.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

King or fox, you won't regret it!

Quick Reply: Shock advice please...