Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shitty parts

Old 11-22-2014, 12:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spanky1989
Wasn't rub in express one of the top brands just 6-7 years ago? What happened?
they sold it to 4WP or somebody along those lines. It's kind of like the "store brand".
Old 11-23-2014, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
they sold it to 4WP or somebody along those lines. It's kind of like the "store brand".
I see... That's a shame, back when I had my xj I was always drooling over their kits.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jnorman831
So I bought a rubicon express 3.5" lift . After the install was done it had extreme death wobble , so I took it to the local 4x4 shop so that they could figure it out. After multiple shake down runs they figured out that the brand new track bar was flexing when steering the wheel. Now I have to buy a quality track bar. No problem I just want to fix the issue , just super disappointed in the quality of the rubicon express parts. Anybody else have issues like this with brand new parts?
Strange...that would mean it was inferior to a stock trackbar. Many are running the stock trackbar at 3.5"~4.5" lifts with no issues, including myself.

Sent from some string and a few tin cans.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CerOf
Strange...that would mean it was inferior to a stock trackbar. Many are running the stock trackbar at 3.5"~4.5" lifts with no issues, including myself. Sent from some string and a few tin cans.
The bushings are the issue. Some aftermarket bushings are total crap.

The stock stuff is actually good stuff. Most people change the track bar to center the axle after a lift, but not required. If there are no clearance issues, I tell people to keep the stock one on.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm still running my stock front track bar at 2.5 in of lift and have had zero issues with it to date. Unless you need to swap it I think the stock bar does the job well.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
Rubicon Express and the word "quality" can't be used in the same sentence. Get what you pay for.....

I beg to differ I jus put a 3.5 rubicon express suspension lift n have no problem I'm driving to New Mexico wit going bout 85mph n do not have a death wobble all I can say is maybe the part is jus bad from the manufacture maybe u should give them a call they can send u another one
Old 11-23-2014, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Something's askew... I have 95,000 miles on a RE 4.5" and through 4 sets of tires about five states both in the north (Buffalo, NY) and the the south (Houston. TX) I have never heard about a RE trackbar flexing so bad it resulted in death wobble. Pretty sure, correct me if I'm wrong, but RE uses 4340 also known as chromoly for a majority of its parts. Take a look at compression and tensile numbers on a cross section of 4340. If I'm a betting man your issue is joints and or poor installation/alignment. She may not be the most flexinest lift out there. But she can do work!
Old 11-23-2014, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would bet money that the problem is somewhere else. I would start with posting up some pictures of you track bar and drag link setup usually the problem lies there. I would also make sure that the bolts are tight and the holes arnt oval-shaped. Most people on here are going to say yeah RE sucks and that's your problem without asking questions whereas if it was another brand they would be like no you just installed it wrong give us more information. So before we point fingers lets get some more info on the issue. I would also contact RE I'm sure they will help you if the problem is the actual track bar.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:12 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 11JK_Lazo
I beg to differ I jus put a 3.5 rubicon express suspension lift n have no problem I'm driving to New Mexico wit going bout 85mph n do not have a death wobble all I can say is maybe the part is jus bad from the manufacture maybe u should give them a call they can send u another one
opinions differ. Considering the trails I run in Colorado, I've seen everything break. But I've seen RE, Skyjacker and the likes break more. Maybe because more people run that stuff? Who knows. I won't run it on my rig. As for death wobble, anything can be installed properly and function properly. The question is more about how long will it's integrity remain in place? How well does it hold up when more than "street forces" are applied. That's more my point. If somebody is running a street queen, go cheap, it doesn't need to be as good in build and last through the harsh trails.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I replaced the rubicon express track bar with the metal cloak track bar and the death wobble got better but didn't fix the issue. Turns out it was my tires. I got new tires and all the shimmy /wobble disappeared. My apologies to RE for assuming they were the cause of my issues.

Quick Reply: Shitty parts