Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shimmy, bad steering stablizer ?

Old 04-21-2014, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shimmy, bad steering stablizer ?

Been having wheel shimmy when driving on the freeway after hitting a bump. I can what feels like to me feel the front wheels shimmy left to right. I know it's not DW. Could it be the SS? Any trouble shooting I could do?
I have upgraded to Synergy BJ, track bar and drag link last year when dealing with DW. I have a 07 JKU 6speed with the 3.8
Old 04-21-2014, 07:09 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Killfoot1775
Been having wheel shimmy when driving on the freeway after hitting a bump. I can what feels like to me feel the front wheels shimmy left to right. I know it's not DW. Could it be the SS? Any trouble shooting I could do? I have upgraded to Synergy BJ, track bar and drag link last year when dealing with DW. I have a 07 JKU 6speed with the 3.8
You diagnose the source(s) the same as with DW.

Likely, something is loose or worn, and the SS is unable to fully mask it.

Quick Reply: Shimmy, bad steering stablizer ?