Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

shift boot trim.. need help

Old 12-23-2007, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shift boot trim.. need help

Hello everyone,
Im new to this site. I was wondering if any of you have a picture of the shift boot after it was trimed for the M.O.R.E 1inch Body-lift, or any other body lift. i dont want to screw mine up. i just pulled it out for now, until i figure how to cut it right, because with it out it sound like rubish. you can hear everything from the trans to the road.
thaks, Dino
Old 12-23-2007, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why would you have to trim it??
Old 12-24-2007, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

so that 2,4,6,& reverse stay in contact, and not pop out
Old 12-24-2007, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Default I think you want the boot under the boot

I had to take off the top boot (the one you can see) because after I went to the deal for a E-brake repair I heard extra "gear" noise and figured they must have not seated a "extra" boot some where. Well after checking the manual there is another boot under the main boot you can see (which makes complete sense of course) and of course it wasn't seated properly. This boot is a lot thicker and might be the boot you might want to take a look at. not the simple "top" boot.

just my 2 cents
Old 12-25-2007, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

i already took the inner boot(not the top, the thick one inside) out. I just need to know where to shave the trim of the boot to make clearence for the gears.

Quick Reply: shift boot trim.. need help