Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

From Sheep to Jeep - OME Lift Install ?'s

Old 10-05-2011, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From Sheep to Jeep - OME Lift Install ?'s

Going to tackle the OME lift this weekend with my 6 yr old son - some good ole' father some bonding time and would like to make sure I have everything I need. He refuses to call it a Jeep until it has big tires and a "big jack kit" his words. He's helped me chop the fenders, install the body lift and we've both had a good time and want to keep it enjoyable.

2011 JKU Sport running 37' BFG's on AEV Argent Pintlers. Already gusseted the C's and had the 5.13 gears installed, chopped the fenders and installed a 1" body lift.

Here is what came in the kit from Northridge:

JKS Front & Rear Adj Track bar (instructions included)

JKS Front & Rear Adjustable End Links (instructions included)

OME 618 Coils

OME 619 Coils

OME Shocks

TeraFlex lower control arms (instructions included)

JKS Discos (instructions included)

Teraflex Bumpstops front and rear

Do I need new brake lines or brackets?, do I need specific lug nuts and thin wall socket for the AEV Pintlers, and in what order should I install all of this stuff.

I found the disco write up, the NorthRidge OME 3" Long Travel Lift write up....is this the closest write up I can get for what I have? Any additional input would be greatly appreciated so this goes as smoothly as possible and is a memorable experience for all involved.

The only other items I know of from reading is to trim the pinch seam and chop the front bumper.

Pictures to follow.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will need some longer brake lines for sure.

Quick Reply: From Sheep to Jeep - OME Lift Install ?'s