Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Share your opinion on a 2" to 2.5" budget boost

Old 03-04-2015, 10:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shecky
I started with a 2,5" Teraflex BB. i chose that spacer lift because it's was the most complete spacer lift. Came with extended bumpstops, rear brake like drop brackets, rear trackbar bracket, rear swaybar links (then move stock rear to the front). Also noted at the same time I added red rubicon shocks, 1.5" wheel spacers, and 33's.

However after about a year it did start to wobble in the front end due to having the axel 1/2" off center after the spacers went in and my castor numbers dropped from adding lift. I addressed those issues with an adjustable trackbar to recenter the front axel, and control arm drop brackets to regain stock like castor specs. The jeep drove amazing after that.
Yeah, that is the downside to the 2.5" boost. You'll want drop brackets or adjustable arms. There should not be an issue with running with the axle slightly shifted. No JK axle is centered as they all vary to some degree in height due to weight.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The front and rear work against each other when lifted and no adjustable trackbars. So overall it was out 1", I've built way past this stage of my jeep all in a quest for more articulation. But that setup worked great with my 33's.

Quick Reply: Share your opinion on a 2" to 2.5" budget boost