Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sensor in the tire?? This is new to me!!!

Old 07-31-2009, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sensor in the tire?? This is new to me!!!

So I'm just about to order my rims and tires and I'm asked if I have the sensors in my tires? He asked me what the valve stem looked like, supposedly if its rubber at the base of the stem and has an almost oversized cap on it, its has sensors in the rims and will throw a light on the dash if not added.. I totally buy into this I dont doubt this is possible.. Anyone have any insight into this? Its going to cost 160$ more to have the put in..

FYI I'm getting 315/75/16 BFG KM2's on 16X8 ProComp 98's from 4wd hardware... At a very good price
Old 07-31-2009, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXFIREMAN
So I'm just about to order my rims and tires and I'm asked if I have the sensors in my tires? He asked me what the valve stem looked like, supposedly if its rubber at the base of the stem and has an almost oversized cap on it, its has sensors in the rims and will throw a light on the dash if not added.. I totally buy into this I dont doubt this is possible.. Anyone have any insight into this? Its going to cost 160$ more to have the put in..

FYI I'm getting 315/75/16 BFG KM2's on 16X8 ProComp 98's from 4wd hardware... At a very good price
We got lucky in 07, no sensors on your 07
Old 07-31-2009, 08:22 AM
JK Freak

When I got new rims, I had the tire shop take my sensors, stem and all, out of my stock rims and place them in my new wheels. I even painted the stems black to match my new wheels. I had no problems at all. Some places will tell you that you have to buy new sensors, but that is not true. They can be taken out and put in new wheels.

Edit...sorry, just realized you have an 07. No sensors in your Jeep.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

No sensors in your Jeep. +2

Quick Reply: Sensor in the tire?? This is new to me!!!