Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Seeking feedback

Old 08-31-2012, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking feedback

Well today is my birthday and my awesome wife got me a 1" body lift for my 12 jku. Now, I have no aftermarket lift or suspension work of any kind at the moment so I'm seeking some feedback.

1- Will my stock 17" wheels with goodyear tires look out of place?
2- I am eventually going to add a leveling kit or maybe a small suspension lift kit. Would it make sense to wait and install the 2 together?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by JKnewb; 08-31-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are you going to stick with your stock tires? all depends on your plans. 1" body lift doesn't do much other than allow you to run 33's maybe with stock rims and wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels with better backpacking.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:19 PM
JK Junkie

Here's a pic of my JK with a 1" BL before I installed 33s. You be the judge and decide if you are okay with the look. If so, then you should go ahead an install it. If not then.....

Old 09-01-2012, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jim hensley
Are you going to stick with your stock tires? all depends on your plans. 1" body lift doesn't do much other than allow you to run 33's maybe with stock rims and wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels with better backpacking.
I'm going to stick with the stock tires until they need to be replaced. The mrs has a hard enough time getting the carseat in the back as it is.

I'm looking at a 2" spacer lift. Figured if I get that as well, I might as well just hold off on installing the 2 kits until I am ready to put larger tires on. Really don't want it look stupid and I rarely go off roading.

Quick Reply: Seeking feedback