Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Second guessing my lift purchase-Trail Master

Old 07-30-2015, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am running the 3.5 version of this kit on my 4 door. It is the same kit I believe except comes with front LCAs. I like the kit, but my only complaint is the springs are stiff. When I installed the kit, I checked my drive shafts at 'full droop' and they weren't rubbing. The steering may be a bit flighty with this much lift on 35s, but I planned on upgrading my steering components and now have adjustable trackbars on the way as we speak. Next is my tie rod, then I'll probably build my own drag link in the same fashion as my tie rod.

As far as basic/budget lift kits, this one is pretty decent. It is not for heavy wheeling, but good for getting those 35s in there. I do mostly light trails and sand duning so I am not worried about ripping the raised trackbar bracket. One thing I did not like is the drop pitman arm. I guarantee it is a factor in my flighty steering and I'm prone to deathwobble if my SS blows. I plan to replace it when I do my drag link and you should too.

Quick Reply: Second guessing my lift purchase-Trail Master