Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

seat swap

Old 01-22-2017, 05:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat swap

Hello, I have a 2014 JKU Willys with non heated cloth seats. My cousin, just totaled his 2016 JKU Sahara. He offered me his seats with the little module that sits under the HVAC control.
1.) Will this project work, or do I have to swap a harness as well (I know sometimes manufacture use the same harness for all models?
2.) Also will I have to get the dealer to reprogram my Jeep?
Old 01-22-2017, 06:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zeezee1979
Hello, I have a 2014 JKU Willys with non heated cloth seats. My cousin, just totaled his 2016 JKU Sahara. He offered me his seats with the little module that sits under the HVAC control. 1.) Will this project work, or do I have to swap a harness as well (I know sometimes manufacture use the same harness for all models? 2.) Also will I have to get the dealer to reprogram my Jeep?
Not sure on the use of existing harnesses or flash program but if you can't get the stock switch to work I would think you can splice the cables going to the seat heaters and add a new switch. I would also guess you can buy the plug and cables from Jeep (likely at a higher cost over aftermarket switch and wires).

Quick Reply: seat swap