Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Seat options for someone with a weaker back

Old 01-20-2015, 07:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat options for someone with a weaker back

Ok, so my wife has had several back issues and while it has been corrected, we both want to make sure she can continue to enjoy our off road adventures. So, while I crawl slower and my suspension is very forgiving, I still want to do more for her. I figured that perhaps I can improve the seating. I understand suspension seats are decent, but not sure what value they have if she is not bottoming out on the stock seat. Can someone provide me first had experience in the differences. Are there other options?

I want to reduce what she feels as the jeep leans from side to side or dips front and back. I realize I cannot eliminate any of the motions and not trying to as that is part of the fun. But if I can reduce motion on her body by 10%, than that would be pretty cool.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A good suspension seat with some decent side bolsters would definitely help keep your wife from getting tossed around.

Look at offerings from PRP, Mastercraft and Corbeau. They come in all shapes and sizes. You can really dial these seats in for a custom fit.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the feedback. I like the idea of a more conformed seat to restrict movement.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:36 AM
Former Member

Been there done that with the back issues. Surgery etc... Put her behind the wheel. Really. She'll say "not anymore" or "can we do this....?" to make it a more comfortable and enjoyable experience.
If you are doing the driving she has no input except "that sucks" and I'm only here to keep my partner happy.
Only you working with her can solve this. At this time what is she asking you to look for? A different seat?
Old 01-22-2015, 06:26 AM
JK Super Freak

she does play in the 3s and she is a very good spotter and enjoys spotting as well. The issue is all the tossing takes a toll on her back very quickly and she can only handle about a half day of crawling. While we are working on strengthening her core, I think greater support for her back will also help. I have a step ladder to reduce her strain getting in and out of the jeep. Every bit helps.

I like the pocket in the Rubicon seat but it does not recline. It seams those that have the best support does not offer reclining. Is that a bad assumption. The reclining seats seem to have good lateral support above the wast and below the hips where the Rubicon seems to offer strong support at the hips and beyond. Does anyone have experience in both.

Quick Reply: Seat options for someone with a weaker back