Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Seat Glovers

Old 05-04-2009, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Glovers

Anybody with a 2009 Unlimited that has the Seat Glovers yet? Eddie featured these on Project JK

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ne-seat-covers

Their website lists only 2007-2008 JK's... just wondering if the covers fit the 2009? Also, what comments do you have about quality and product satisfaction? Thanks
Old 05-04-2009, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've got them on my 09 Sahara Unlimited. They are ok ... just ok

The fit is average and if you have the side airbag the section in the seat covers that covers that area won't stay closed. If I did it again I might go with another brand.

They look good in the link you posted ... better than in person ...
Old 05-04-2009, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default seat glovers

do they just not fit tight enough? Not "like a glove" as they suggest. I don't have airbags, is that the only area you have a problem, or are they bad all over?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leehoffman
Anybody with a 2009 Unlimited that has the Seat Glovers yet? Eddie featured these on Project JK

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ne-seat-covers

Their website lists only 2007-2008 JK's... just wondering if the covers fit the 2009? Also, what comments do you have about quality and product satisfaction? Thanks
Just put mine on 10 days ago, fit and finish is pretty good, I almost bought the mopar ones, after I installed these I'm very happy with them.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default seat glovers - waterproof?

has any body tested them to see if they are really "waterproof" as the website suggest? That seems like one of the major benefits compared to the other brands which generally are listed as "water resistant".
Old 05-04-2009, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have them in my 2008 4dr.

I did have some issues with the quality of the covers, one of the attachment straps ripped off on install and my passenger seat was wearing thin after only a few thousand miles.

I contacted seat glovers through the forum here and they stand 100% behind the product. They sent replacements out and I am very satisfied.
I do not have side airbags, but the covers fit decent.... I too considered MOPAR but now that I have the seat glovers I am very happy I went that route.

I am not sure about the waterproof issue. I have been caught with my freedom panels off in the rain and the seats got wet, no problems. They didn't shrink and they didn't spot or anything.

Now I'm not sure I was NOT supposed to do it...but I did throw them in the washer. (My dog go them very very muddy) I was able to reinsall them with no problems. Like I said, as my disclaimer, I am not sure if they recommend this.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:54 PM
JK Super Freak

I have found Seat Glovers to be the best value, best warranty, best quality available. That said, I have never compared them side-by-side to anything twice their price - there's no need. As stated above, if you ever have any issue with them, contact Seat Glovers and they will take care of you.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default seat glovers ordered

thanks for the input. I decided to order a pair and give them a try. I'll report back after I get them installed.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Update

I FINALLY got my seat covers. Took at least a month from when I ordered them. They ship directly from the factory in Hong Kong. Asked for a tracking number and I got the package before seatglover sent me the number.

They do fit pretty darn good. Only complaint is one elastic strap and one plastic buckle broke during installation. Also, the nylon loops that you pull to fold down the back seats don't have cut-outs in the covers. So, you either have to reach underneath every time, or cut a slit, which would be prone to tearing later.

For now, they look and feel good, we'll see how they hold up. Email responses from seatglover have been VERY slow, so customer service is a 4 out of 10 for me so far.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:06 PM
JPT
JK Newbie

I contacted Seat Glovers asking about a JK forum discount and it took a few days, but they email back with a discount offer. I ordered the seat covers and they had great communication. I received an email when I placed the order, when it was filled, and when it was shipped.

Upon receiving the seat covers I started to install one and found they did not do the seats justice. They fit tight, but the back rest of the seat is curved and these fit straight. I didn't care for them, and will continue to look for a better solution.

Their communication was great, but I just didn't like the way they fit. Maybe you would find otherwise.

Quick Reply: Seat Glovers