Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Seat covers with air bags

Old 05-07-2008, 08:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat covers with air bags

Does anyone know a company that makes a seat cover that is approved for the side impact airbags. I have them in the seats and im not sure what to do. i searched some sites but none of them say if they are airbag approved. anyone have side airbags in the seat with covers on them ?
Old 05-07-2008, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of the neoprene covers have an air bag option. You just need to pay closer attention when you look at their sites
Old 05-07-2008, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Default Smittybilt

http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/22.htm

Alot of wrestling to get them on - but they go on. They do have support for the side airbags, but I dont know what certification or testing they have been through
Old 05-07-2008, 08:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yetibear
Most of the neoprene covers have an air bag option. You just need to pay closer attention when you look at their sites
That didn't sound he way I meant it, it's just not always as obvious as you would think, and you just have to read a little closer to find they work with side airbags, it just gets sort of stuck in the write up's not high lighted as much as it should be.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:35 AM
JK Super Freak

thanx guys i will look into those. i don't want to get my seats all dirty. would rather get some covers im going to keep this baby forever

thanx for the info
Old 05-07-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

The seat glovers that I have have the flap on the side for the airbags and they are a sponsor.

Quick Reply: Seat covers with air bags