Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

seat cover question

Old 06-22-2009, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat cover question

2007 X 2 door

i have crappy VINYL seats,,,very hot in the summer (you sweat your ass off).....whats a good seat cover for a vinyl seat...??

i was thinking of finding some YES essencials..(from other members),..
are the seats the same as the UNLIMITED?

thanks

trent
Old 06-22-2009, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

I love my vinyl seats and half the peeps I ride with do nothing but b*tch about their YES fabric and how hard it is to clean.

I would imagine the neoprene ones get pretty hot too but I really don't know

I know, nothing really helpful
Old 06-22-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

my neoprene ones aren't hot really, but they make you sweat like CRAZY. They just make my back soaking wet every time it is above 80 or so. They aren't hot to the touch though.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:08 AM
JK Newbie

yes its the sweat back that bother her....
what else is a good alternative?.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Enteric
my neoprene ones aren't hot really, but they make you sweat like CRAZY. They just make my back soaking wet every time it is above 80 or so. They aren't hot to the touch though.
Had the neoprene and I agree "Sweat to death", I have owned the Covercraft Seatsavers for over 1-year. Comfortable even on long drives, fits like a glove, easy, water repellant and great to protect against water, dirt, sun, dogs and Kids tested. They look great and within 10-minutes they are off and in the wash and come out great. They come in many color combinations.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by beadbus
Had the neoprene and I agree "Sweat to death", I have owned the Covercraft Seatsavers for over 1-year. Comfortable even on long drives, fits like a glove, easy, water repellant and great to protect against water, dirt, sun, dogs and Kids tested. They look great and within 10-minutes they are off and in the wash and come out great. They come in many color combinations.
Although I can't agree with "sweating to death", with neoprene seat covers, I will agree with the fact that SeatSavers by Covercraft are great covers.
Have them in my 94XJ since 1996, and they're still in very good condition. In addition we put a set in my wifes 99XJ, and when the dealer removed them to check the seats when we traded it in for her 07JK Unlimited, they could not believe how good shape the seats were.
I put a set of Wet Okole's in her JK back in Mar of 07, and they have been great. Hers is a black Jk and I got all black Okole's, and really have not sweated in the hot humid summers here in SE Pa. The only thing I can say against the Okole's are it is very hard to get dog hair off them. We now have the best of both worlds. That is we still have the Okole's in, so we get the soft feel of those covers, and let me say they even make the headrests soft, and the Wet Okole's fit like a glove. Ordered a set of Covercraft Seatsavers in charcoal, and recieved them a week later. It was quite a task, but I installed them right over the Okole's. We are both very happy with the outcome.
The Seatsavers, as you know are cotten twill, and have the feel of a good set of jeans that have been washed a few times. In addition, although not waterproof, they are water resistant, and I can attest to the fact that no matter how much water gets on them, if you soak it up pretty quick, it will not penetrate the seat.
At a price of about $216 shipped, for the Unlimited, they are a very good buy.
They can be removed and machine washed, and dryed. However if machine dried it should be done on a low heat setting as they could shrink a bit.
The day I installed them, we took the dog for a ride, and since he is shedding his winter coat, the hair was all over the covers. Used the shopVac, and in about 10 minites the hair was gone. With the Okole's it would take me about 3 hours to get the hair off.. Well worth the $$$ to me.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:37 PM
JK Newbie

i have the wet okle and i love them i dont find that i get the back sweat issue the only problem i see with them after a year is that they are fading mine are black by the way
Old 07-10-2009, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed a Covercraft seat cover on the backseat of my Unlimited and have a question. On the bottom outside edges of the two rear seat cushion covers are two loops, (four total), what are these for? They seem to close to the front of the cushion to be for the seatbelts. Right now I have the black adjustable strap from the back edge threaded through them pulling the sides tight, but I am sure that this is wrong. No directions were in the box other than washing instructions. Otherwise, they are a nice snug fit and look much better than I thought they would!
Old 07-10-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Obviously you're going to get a ton of different opinions. I have the standard Sahara YES essential seats and they are super nice. If you're messing your seats up, anything will be hard to clean. These clean very nicely.

Additionally, I have neoprene seat covers on my factory seats for longevity and love them. Neoprene is neoprene so brand shouldn't matter for breathability and my SeatGlover's don't make me sweat. Vinyl will provide less breathability than neoprene or fabric seats.

Last edited by pastorsteve; 07-10-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

These straps are to allow you to tighten up the side. Simple pull the straps under the seat towards the center, then RUN THE long black strap from the back to the front thru the straps and pull tight. Now your cover should fit custom and snug. YOU WILL LOVE THEM.... and they are very comfortable on long drives too.

Quick Reply: seat cover question