Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Seat Cover Failure

Old 07-13-2012, 01:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My seat glovers were a pos. They're purplish or whatever mystery color they fade too over time. The Trek Armor ones seem to be the obvious choice besides getting new seats all together.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well right now, i'm a bit "once bitten, twice shy" about buying the Trek covers... they look good, but if they are going to turn Grey/Purple too, i'll stick with my ratty old covers. Can anyone attest to how they hold up to being out in the sun?
Old 07-16-2012, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my cheapo Smitybilts. They only cost a little over what some non fitted auto story generic seat covers would cost and do the job of protecting the seats. The one little hole that I did get in back cover from my daughter carelessly stabbing an open pen into it. You can see the ink mark, so it did the purpose of saving my factory seats from my careless kids.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the wet okole seat covers in my jeep. 3 years now in Arizona sun. I don't run with tops, doors or anything. Seat covers still look like day I bought them. I do use the shampoo and uv protector that came with them, so I guess that helps. As far as wear, not a single bit. And I'm a big guy. 6'4 220lbs. Only complaint. Swamp back in the summer. Lol
Old 07-16-2012, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

I have the Wet Okole Custom seat covers that Quadratec offers and I LOVE THEM! If you are thinking about swapping I would suggest you look at those.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:28 PM
JK Newbie

I have Trek Armor covers... they look and fit perfect. Great quality material.

Last edited by JimG; 07-16-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got the Smittys front and rear. I've had them for almost 2 years now and the driver's side is only slightly wearing a bit on the seam closest to the driver's door. That's where I rub it getting in and out. I've thought about swapping the driver and passenger covers to even out the wear. They don't seem to be fading though, and my Jeep is in the sun a lot. Overall, I'm happy with these for the $$.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AMEchambers
I simply called smittybuilt, provided pictures of the fading/ripping covers along with a proof of purchase... Got a replacement set in the mail today... All four free of charge. Best customer service I have ever seen...
How old are yours? Mine are just around a year old and the stitching is coming apart on the fronts, even the passenger side that is only used like 25% of the time. The driver side is starting to fall apart too and I only weigh about 160. Wondering if they will waranty mine? Wet okoles are definitely higher quality but cost a grip.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Flyingbrian
Same here to all the above. I will not buy neoprene again. Looking at trek armor and appear to be a great seat cover.
I'm sure the Trek Armors are great quality, but for that price for seat covers I would start considering going all out to Mastercraft Baja RS seats.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love my Iggee seat covers. No fading after 3 years. I would definitely buy them again.

Quick Reply: Seat Cover Failure