Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Seat belt mods for rear seat

Old 07-20-2010, 07:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat belt mods for rear seat

Has anyone attempted to get a third seat belt somehow in the back. I have three little kids, and would like to find a way to get them legal in there. Since the belts are attached to the seat frame, there has to be a way to do this somehow...
Old 07-20-2010, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

i thought there was 3 seat belts back there, at least in mine there is.

i put the car seat in the middle and my 11 yr old sits and either side of that. must be a 2 door thing i guess
Old 07-20-2010, 04:36 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I see what you are saying. I have three smallish kids, and was thinking that I needed separate seat belts for each. The clips for a car seat in the middle are different than the two seat belts that are already there.
I did take the fabric off the bottom of the seat, just to check it out, and it looks like the two seat belts(are held on one bolt to the seat frame. I'm sure when they get older I'll pursue a 3rd seat belt back there. That one will have to be just a lap belt, and the other two will remain as is.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It wouldn't be like a factory belt, but maybe you can get a belt that clips to the child seat anchors?

When I had my VW GTI I had a four-point harness and the shoulder straps clipped to the rear seat anchors behind the driver. The lap belts clipped to straps around the front seat frame. Maybe take a look around Summit Racing or Jegs and see if you can adapt something?

Some harness systems even have retractors.

If you need me to do some hunting to show you what I mean, lemme know.

Quick Reply: Seat belt mods for rear seat