Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Screamin' Demon ir MSD DIS-2 Plus Distributorless 2 Channel

Old 07-14-2012, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screamin' Demon ir MSD DIS-2 Plus Distributorless 2 Channel

I'm in the process of upgrading my ignition system.

Obviously there isn't a lot that can be done with these engines without advanced modification.

I was thinking about the Screamin' Demon coil only because that seems to be the only bolt on option.

I've been doing a rather massive build on a Buick Grand National where I installed the MSD DIS-4 Plus High Output ignition system. Which got me thinking about making a more extreme move.

I would love to put the MSD DIS-2 Plus Distributorless 2 Channel ignition on but wanted to hear some of your opinions, cautions or maybe find someone that has done the same thing.

Thoughts??
Old 07-18-2012, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Really no one?
Old 12-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by gingerchocolate
Really no one?
I do now with this issue.
My choice + manufacturer's recommendations
MSD DIS-4 Plus, Distributorless Channel 4
Adapter Kit, Early Hemi 03-05 for 6013
----
Before you start kit - requires additional preparatory work with other nodes, elements, blocks.
Ignition coil, wire line
Exhaust Kit without catalysts
Thermal insulation of the fuel
Thermal insulation of the wire line
Thermal insulation - AT
Allows air into the engine compartment...

-------------------------------------------
gingerchocolate
Have you assembled your kit -?
result -?
Reviews please.

Last edited by Elopuke; 05-24-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know a ton about aftermarket ignition systems, but with my little experience with them has been no gains unless boosted. Again, I don't have a ton of experience with them. I've had them on an older Ford truck (351 Windsor) and a Cobra mustang. With both I saw no advantages except when I boosted the mustang. I was having spark blow out at around 17lbs on the boosted stang. The ignition helped with that issue. I've seen/read many articles on tests checking for power or mpg gains with new coils or larger wires, usually netting around 5hp or 1mpg. My belief is just replacing worn out stock parts with OEM parts or similar will gain the same. Just my .02
Old 12-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by T&ERun
I don't know a ton about aftermarket ignition systems, but with my little experience with them has been no gains unless boosted. Again, I don't have a ton of experience with them. I've had them on an older Ford truck (351 Windsor) and a Cobra mustang. With both I saw no advantages except when I boosted the mustang. I was having spark blow out at around 17lbs on the boosted stang. The ignition helped with that issue. I've seen/read many articles on tests checking for power or mpg gains with new coils or larger wires, usually netting around 5hp or 1mpg. My belief is just replacing worn out stock parts with OEM parts or similar will gain the same. Just my .02

I established a complete set of MSD (the control unit 6AL+ wire line + coil blaster) on XJ.
There are real changes in operation of the motor -
Better a spark, spark plugs work more long.
Small economy of fuel
There is no missing
----------
Example in comparison
The original OEM - Superchip Trail dash - Superchip Trail dash + MSD
Sugar - jam - honey))))
----------
I love honey - that is why I collect a complete set and all changes in other blocks and knots.
----------
Why my choice of MSD - at them is partnership with Superchip.
I use the flash tuner from Superchip Traildash - responses only positive.
I use the Performance program 91.
But - it isn't enough of it for me - I know - it is possible to reach the bigger - honey)))

Last edited by Elopuke; 01-25-2015 at 10:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Screamin' Demon ir MSD DIS-2 Plus Distributorless 2 Channel