Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sceptor Military Fuel can

Old 08-25-2011, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sceptor Military Fuel can

Anyone know where I can buy a sceptor military fuel can? I called up 3 venders but said they only ship to military bases through a dod credit card. Not available to ship to civilians in the states...if I knew someone in Canada I would call in a favor if there is anyone here that knows where or who to contact I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2011, 11:45 AM
JK Freak

I've heard they can be found on ebay... just search scepter
Old 08-25-2011, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Tried!! They have the h2o can which i have just not fuel. I looked and called 4 vendors that distribute them, All said the same thing but I've seen them on a few trucks out here...
Old 08-25-2011, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

I've seen others with them on the forum too, so I searched a bit and found this:

Originally Posted by PoconoJack
Me too. I just got mine last week. I ordered 2 (at a price more than I should admit) from Daves Surplus in Canada.

I googled it after someone else said they got one there.
Originally Posted by Hellbound13
Yeah I got mine there as well.

h ttps://dstactical.com/index.php?cPath=16

Last edited by BLK08JK; 08-25-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks you... I will each out to him.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLK08JK
I've seen others with them on the forum too, so I searched a bit and found this:

h ttps://dstactical.com/index.php?cPath=16
Well... Just ordered it... Thought I was done, 2 min later, "sorry we can not ship to the states" ughhhh!
Old 08-25-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I believe that the problem is that the nozzle isn't CARB-complaint. Yeah, I know, government regulation getting in the way of everyday life. But, just order some decent metal cans with the CARB nozzles, then throw the nozzle away and get a siphon hose.

amazon.com/Triple-Seven-Safety-Siphon-Priming/dp/B000BG1X54/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314307745&sr=8-1

A lot easier than even the best pre-CARB-compliant nozzles. Really.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Honestly....you didn't hear this from me....and its not the right answer, but if you know somebody in the army just ask them if they see some layin around if the can "secure" them for ya...those things are layin around every where and they are Class IX which means they aren't really "accounted for" hell they are layin around everywhere and some private drivin a truck ain't goin to secure'em...but again you didn't here that from me....
Old 08-25-2011, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought mine here last year. I hear now that they don't make you buy 4 of them like they advertise.

hxxp://www.deutscheoptik.com/product_info.php?products_id=1718
Old 08-25-2011, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LeeCoClimber
Honestly....you didn't hear this from me....and its not the right answer, but if you know somebody in the army just ask them if they see some layin around if the can "secure" them for ya...those things are layin around every where and they are Class IX which means they aren't really "accounted for" hell they are layin around everywhere and some private drivin a truck ain't goin to secure'em...but again you didn't here that from me....
I do have some old airforce friends I could call but I just like the material and quality that scepter has. I going to reach out to a friend I know in Canada, he might be able to buy one then ship to me, just don't want the hassle.

Quick Reply: Sceptor Military Fuel can