Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Scared to drive the jeep

Old 07-06-2009, 11:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude you had another wheel come off!!! after the memorial day run didnt you have all the lug nuts replaced? sounds like you have an issue with the wrong lugnuts! i dont think someones taking them. just have a look at them and be sure they are the correct ones. if they are wrong then the tire shop is responsible to replace them with the correct ones and replace the wheels that might have been damaged as a result of the wrong nuts(i said nuts) being installed. anyway we have to have scuba steves fiance wheelin with us with her cute little rubbers LOL!!!!

Last edited by woodweavil; 07-06-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Hahaha nice woodweavil.......I cant wait to tell her that one LOL!!!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:36 AM
JK Super Freak

she will get a kick outta that
besides she keeps you from doing the really stupid shit
Old 07-06-2009, 11:47 AM
JK Super Freak

you guys know catie is waiting on a reply from one of you two. send her a message she will just die! LOL she is a member catiem906
Old 07-06-2009, 11:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Hahahaha Scoot would have to do it cause she hasnt seen scoot's girl yet....she knows sarah
Old 07-06-2009, 02:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Well a little update~~~~

Took a lug nut off and the lug nuts are vehicle specific and They say american racing on the lug nut so I know thats working right...

My only conclusion is that someone must be trying to kill me.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:17 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Warlock13
... My only conclusion is that someone must be trying to kill me.
Maybe it's time to involve the police. They'll probably think you're nuts (oh, I didn't mean that pun. ), but if there are further incidents it will give them something to look into. It could save you from being blamed in the event there is a serious accident (heaven forbid).
Old 07-06-2009, 02:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are there any pictures of the damaged parts? What is failing the lugs?, nuts? spacers?
Old 07-06-2009, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Default Hub Centric vs Lug Centric

OK,
Had a similar problem with my race truck using American Racing wheels. NOT THE FAULT OF THE WHEELS
Imagine loosing a wheel assembly doing 80 through a turn and have it pass you!!!

Here is what we found out. It took a while.

The JK has hub centric wheels - this means that the load on the wheel and the wheel centering is done by the axle hub.

You have changed your wheels. They may be designed to be lug centric. So, if your wheels are lug centric, they will not center or torque properly.

Check with your AMR dealer to see if your wheels are Lug or Hub Centric

The only wheels we lost were on the left side. Rotation and torque spun the lugs off.

I do know you can go from lug centric to hub centric with the addition of a hub spacer.

On the other hand, I do not believe you can go the other way without the addition of a hub plug or something like that.

The wheels for the axle shown in the photo below should be lug centric

Edited because I goofed

Last edited by 3Lug; 07-06-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't see how all five lugs could loosen at exactly the same time and come off. Typically what happens is a couple come off and the rest of the lugs snap. I think someone is f-ing with you. Did you ever find the lug nuts after a wheel came off? Are your sure they were on before you started driving? I would be sure to check every morning from now on.

Quick Reply: Scared to drive the jeep